Howdy. Red Dead Redemption must be one of your favorite games. No? Well, that’s odd because it’s one of the best open-world games I’ve had in a while. Rockstar Games always had a reputation for creating huge sandbox worlds, and I can say that the world and story of RDR is the best from Rockstar that I’ve had so far.
Hong Kong would have been a good place to be a tourist if it wasn’t for all the Triads whose face I have to break. Sleeping Dogs put you in the shoes of undercover agent Wei Shen, and with him you will fight crime by doing it.
Asian GTA but much more fast-paced
Man was that game awesome. The character creation was cool, and I stayed inside a vault until I was 16, which then marked my journey through the vast, deserted world of Fallout 3. I’m not really used to games being so desolate, but it was actually a breath of fresh air for me despite being set in a nuclear wasteland.
Frickin’ huge roaches…
Barry Steakfries. Do you know that name? Aside from having probably the most delicious surname, this guy also flies around with a jetpack that is also a gatling gun. That’s right, woah!
Kakatapos ko lang ng Resident Evil 6 nung isang araw. Sayang at maraming tao ang ayaw sa larong to, ang ganda pa naman.
Actually kaya ayaw dito ng mga fans dahil hindi na daw siya survival horror at action game na siya. Kung hardcore fan ako ng Resident Evil series, siguro ay ganito din ang magiging reaction ko, pero dahil sa Resident Evil 4 ako nagsimula, parang okay lang ang gameplay sa akin.
Maraming nagsasabi na RE 4 daw ang pinakamaganda sa buong series. Sobrang daming pinagbago na ibang iba na siya sa mga naunang games, pero survival horror pa rin na may konting action.
Nung lumabas yung RE 5, dun na nagsimulang mabahala ang mga tao na parang nag-iba na raw si Resident Evil at hindi na siya ang game na naaalala niya nung kabataan niya. Maliwanag na sa panglimang game kaya hindi na masyadong nakakatakot, tapos yung mga kalaban mga taong nagmumutate, tapos yung partner mo na A.I. Artificial Stupidity dapat ang itawag.
Nung nirelease naman yung Operation Raccoon City (actually hindi ko pa natatry tong isa na to), dun na parang nawalan ng pag-asa yung mga fans. Ang baba ng metascore ng ORC, at ang anghang ng mga reviews dito.
Takot na ang marami sa kakalabasan ng Resident Evil 6, pero ako inabangan ko ang laro na yun. Sabi nila 600+ developers daw ang kasama sa project na yun kaya magiging maayos ang laro. Okay naman ba? Here are my thoughts in bullet form:
- Production values are definitely high
- No camera issues for me. Camera angling during cutscenes are interesting and increase tension. There are some moments when camera is not over-the-shoulder and looks a bit like the first three games.
- Leon’s Campaign is really good. Dark, scary, zombies, awesome boss fight.
- Chris’ Campaign was more trigger-happy, like Resident Evil 5.
- Jake’s Campaign is my second favorite campaign after Leon’s. Jake Muller is a likeable character, a martial artist, but the ending…
- Ada’s Campaign is the only solo campaign. The Crossbow is my fave weapon in the whole game.
- Puzzles are too easy.
- Enemy design is good.
- Sound design good and the music is fine.
- You will never get stuck because of the guide mechanic. Good for newbie players but takes away some of the challenge.
- Surplus of ammo. (Scarcity of ammo was once a trademark of the early RE games)
- Only a few minor glitches found.
- Graphics are not THAT good. Facial expressions aren’t realistic. Lips are sometimes not synced with the dialogue.
- No CGI cutscenes. Expect a lot of annoying QTEs.
- The story as a whole, is very confusing if you don’t pay attention.
- Game is worth at least 20 hours without multiplayer.
- Multiple playthroughs encouraged because each of the seven characters have something unique.
- Hunting for Serpent Emblems is challenging.
- You can play as an enemy in multiplayer, although it may or may not suck.
Ayan. Actually hindi ko naplatinum yung laro kasi tamad ako mangplatinum ng games eh. Pero nagustuhan ko naman yung game overall.
Siguro sa mga fans, yung kay Leon na campaign lang ang nagustuhan kasi yun ang pinakamalapit sa survival horror, pero maganda rin naman yung ibang campaign kung tutuusin. Sayang pa rin kasi simula nung nalaro ko yung Dead Space eh nahilig na ko sa survival horror games. Siguro try ko na lang maglaro sa PC nung mga naunang RE games pag may nahanap ako.
Ikaw ano masasabi mo sa Resident Evil 6?